Smoking cannabis has been a popular method of consumption for centuries. People around the world have developed different ways to consume it, with various materials, techniques, and traditions. With the increasing legalization of Delta-8 and the growing interest in its benefits, more and more people are trying different methods to enjoy it.
However, with so many options available, it can be overwhelming for beginners to decide what to try first. It’s important to understand the differences between the various forms of consumption to make an informed decision.
Spliff vs. Joint vs. Blunt
When it comes to smoking cannabis, there are various methods and types of preparations that people use to consume it. Three of the most popular types are spliffs, joints, and blunts. While they might seem similar, there are some key differences between them that are worth exploring.
A spliff is a type of cannabis cigarette that contains both tobacco and cannabis. The term “spliff” originated in Jamaica, where it was traditionally made by mixing tobacco with cannabis to make it burn more evenly. Some people use the terms “spliff” and “joint” interchangeably, but a true spliff always contains tobacco.
The tobacco in a spliff can give a more intense buzz, but it can also increase the risk of nicotine addiction and the health risks associated with smoking tobacco. Spliffs are more common in European countries, particularly in the UK and the Netherlands.
How To Roll A Spliff
Rolling a spliff is similar to rolling a joint, but involves a few extra steps. Here’s how to roll a spliff:
- Prepare the materials: Grind the cannabis and tobacco separately, and mix them together in a 1:1 ratio. You can adjust the ratio to your preference, but a 50/50 mix is common.
- Prepare the rolling paper: Choose a rolling paper that is large enough to hold the mixture, and fold it in half. Crease the fold with your fingers, then use your thumbs to create a slight curve in the paper. This will give it a natural shape for rolling.
- Add the mixture: Place the cannabis and tobacco mixture in the center of the rolling paper, spreading it out evenly. Be careful not to overpack it, as this can make it difficult to roll.
- Shape the spliff: Using your fingers, gently shape the mixture into a cylindrical shape, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Roll the spliff: With your thumbs and index fingers, begin rolling the paper back and forth, tucking the edges in as you go. Lick the glue strip on the rolling paper and seal the spliff.
- Pack the spliff: Using a pen or other small object, gently pack the mixture down into the spliff to ensure an even burn.
A joint is a cannabis cigarette that contains only cannabis, rolled in a rolling paper. Joints are the most common form of cannabis consumption and are popular among both recreational and medical users. They are easy to roll, and the rolling papers come in various sizes and flavors.
Joints are often preferred by people who do not want to mix cannabis with tobacco or other substances. They allow for a more direct and clean cannabis high, without any additional effects from tobacco or nicotine.
How To Roll A Joint
Rolling a joint can be a bit tricky for beginners, but with practice, it can become an easy and enjoyable experience. Here are the steps to roll a joint:
- Grind the cannabis: Use a grinder to break down the cannabis into small pieces. This will ensure an even burn and prevent any clumps or chunks from getting stuck in the joint.
- Prepare the rolling paper: Take a piece of rolling paper and fold it in half. Crease the fold with your fingers, then use your thumbs to create a slight curve in the paper. This will give it a natural shape for rolling.
- Add the cannabis: Place the ground cannabis in the center of the rolling paper, spreading it out evenly. Be careful not to overpack it, as this can make it difficult to roll.
- Shape the joint: Using your fingers, gently shape the cannabis into a cylindrical shape, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Roll the joint: With your thumbs and index fingers, begin rolling the paper back and forth, tucking the edges in as you go. Lick the glue strip on the rolling paper and seal the joint.
- Pack the joint: Using a pen or other small object, gently pack the cannabis down into the joint to ensure an even burn.
- Twist the end: Twist the end of the joint to prevent any cannabis from falling out and to create a mouthpiece.
A blunt is a cannabis cigar that is made by removing the tobacco from a cigar or cigarillo and replacing it with cannabis. The term “blunt” originated in the 1990s hip-hop culture and was popularized by rappers such as Snoop Dogg and Cypress Hill.
Blunts are larger and thicker than joints and can contain more cannabis. They are often preferred by heavy smokers or those who want a longer-lasting high. Blunts can have a sweeter taste due to the tobacco in the cigar wrap, but they also carry the same health risks associated with smoking tobacco.
How To Roll A Blunt
Rolling a blunt is similar to rolling a joint, but there are a few key differences. Here’s how to roll a blunt:
- Prepare the cigar: Choose a cigar that is fresh and pliable, and gently unwrap it, being careful not to tear the tobacco leaf. Some popular cigar brands used for blunts include Swisher Sweets and Dutch Masters.
- Remove the tobacco: Use a knife or your fingers to remove the tobacco from the cigar, leaving the outer tobacco leaf intact. Be sure to remove all of the tobacco, as any remaining tobacco will affect the flavor of the blunt.
- Moisten the tobacco leaf: Lick the inside of the tobacco leaf or use a damp cloth to moisten it slightly. This will make it easier to handle and roll.
- Fill the blunt: Fill the tobacco leaf with ground cannabis, spreading it evenly from end to end. Be careful not to overpack it, as this can make it difficult to roll.
- Roll the blunt: Tuck one edge of the tobacco leaf under the other and roll it tightly, using your fingers to shape it into a cylinder. Be sure to seal the edges well to prevent any cannabis from falling out.
- Bake the blunt: Lightly run a lighter or another heat source over the outside of the blunt to help seal the edges and dry the leaf.
Delta-8 Pre-Rolls For Sale
Spliffs, joints, and blunts are all cannabis cigarettes, but they have their differences. Spliffs contain both tobacco and cannabis, while joints only contain cannabis, and blunts replace the tobacco with cannabis. The choice between them ultimately comes down to personal preference, with each having its own distinct benefits and drawbacks.
Baked Brothers Delta-8 pre-rolls are high-quality hemp flower joints infused with Delta-8 THC, a legal cannabinoid with milder psychoactive effects than Delta-9 THC. The pre-rolls offer a smooth smoking experience with a pleasant taste and aroma. They come in various strains and are lab-tested for purity and potency. Shop online and get delivery right to your door.